Give and it shall be Given

Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over… Luke 6:38

I learned as a young child the blessing in paying tithes. I witnessed my mother give to our church faithfully and I also saw how God would bless our family in unexpected ways for her faithfulness.

So when I made the commitment to serve the Lord, tithing came naturally.

The blessings related to tithing I read in scripture led me to believe that giving 10% of my earnings was actually an honor and privilege since God let me keep the remaining 90%!

 I experienced financial difficulties many times in my life as a single parent. And one of the things that brought me out of each one was the assurance in His Word:

 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Because of the blessings related to giving in Luke 6:38, I made up my mind to make this a priority regardless of the circumstances in my finances.

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. II Corinthians 9:7

Here are just a few ways the Lord blessed me financially and I believe with all my heart it is because of obedience to God’s Word about tithing:

  1. I received unexpected raises time and time again.
  2. Our family never went hungry. (I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. Psalm 37:25)
  3. Car repairs paid for and just when I needed a car, God would provide a new one.
  4. Doors to new jobs were immediately opened when I was laid off.
  5. Clothes and shoes were provided to me and my children by individuals who didn’t even know we needed anything.

This list doesn’t compare to the blessings of the Lord’s peace, protection, guidance, assurance, help and so much more that He has blessed our family with.

I’m not saying that the Lord will not bless you if you do not give but I am saying that God will fulfill His Word and bless you overflowing when you do give.

Tithing is a powerful part of our worship to our Lord Jesus who is a faithful Provider and He’s more than enough!

Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.